A destination like no other, Cuba is becoming a hot spot for travelers to discover authentic experiences. A new tour by Abercrombie & Kent offers to reveal the spirit of the island with a non-traditional travel experience that explores art, music and other aspects of Cuban culture.
Here are some highlights for the Abercrombie & Kent’s people-to-people tour:
- Immerse yourself in Cuban culture, exploring its architecture, agriculture, music and dining during intimate, one-on-one experiences with residents
- Discover Cuba’s and America’s great shared passion, baseball, at a game where you meet and engage with the players, and even have the opportunity to play a few innings with them
- Engage in a stimulating discussion of the history of U.S.-Cuba relations with a former Cuban Foreign Services Scholar in Havana
- Join a local architect for an educational walk through Havana, discussing its historic styles, ongoing restoration efforts and their impact on the community
- Explore Las Terrazas eco-community, and learn about Cuba’s environmental commitments at this unique UNESCO Biosphere Reserve
- Gain insight into Cuba’s well-regarded public health care system during an informal-yet-engaging conversation with a local physician
- Meet with local musicians during a private Buena Vista Social Club-style concert and cultural discussion
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Miami, Florida
Day 2: Havana, Cuba / Experiencing a Paladar
Day 3: Havana / Immersive Experiences
Day 4: Las Terrazas / Art & Nature
Day 5: Havana / Cuba’s Capital
Day 6: Havana / Architecture & the Arts
Day 7: Cienfuegos / Alluring Waterfront City
Day 8: Caibarién & Remedios / Cuban Industries Up Close
Day 9: Santa Clara / Cuba’s Vibrant Arts
Day 10: Depart Santa Clara
The tour includes a visit to the Finca Vigía, Ernest Hemingway’s home for more than 20 years and the site where he wrote The Old Man and the Sea, for which he won the Nobel Prize for Literature. Here are more articles about Hemingway in Cuba.
The cost of the trip is about $7,495 per person. Travel dates range from April 12th-April 21st and continues to December 13th-December 22nd this year. The tour duration is ten days. Each tour is limited to 24 guests.
For more information or questions visit http://www.abercrombiekent.com/travel/?tid=6447