Silver Airways has received Cuban government approval to operate regularly scheduled commercial service to Cuba, including service from Fort Lauderdale to Santa Clara, Camagüey, Cienfuegos, and Holguín.
In addition, Silver is seeking Cuban government approval for service from Fort Lauderdale to Santiago, Cayo Coco, Varadero, Cayo Largo, and Manzanillo.
Silver Airways’ first flight 100 is scheduled to depart Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International (FLL) on September 1, 2016 at 7:15 am with arrival in Santa Clara, Cuba (SNU) at 8:56 am.
Silver Airways, which operates more routes within Florida and between Florida and the Bahamas than any other airline, was the first U.S. airline to begin selling regularly scheduled flights to Cuba. In addition, Silver is the only airline awarded service by the U.S. Department of Transportation to all nine Cuban destinations beyond Havana, operating more Cuba routes than any other airline.
Here are all the DOT-approved routes to Cuba:
“This historic moment would not have been possible without our team of dedicated professionals who have been working diligently in preparation for this historic resumption of service between the U.S. and Cuba. Receiving approval from the U.S. DOT to serve all nine Cuban destinations beyond Havana and now approval from the Cuban government to begin our first flights, is a true testament to Silver’s already strong and developed position as the airline of choice for Florida and the Caribbean – and now we will be the airline of choice for Cuba,” said Silver Airways President and CEO Sami Teittinen.
Silver Airways’ Cuba flights currently available include:
- Fort Lauderdale – Santa Clara starting September 1, 2016 (three weekly flights; daily starting October 13)
- Fort Lauderdale – Camagüey starting October 13, 2016 (five weekly flights)
- Fort Lauderdale – Cienfuegos starting October 21, 2016 (two weekly flights)
- Fort Lauderdale – Holguín starting October 27, 2016 (daily)
- Fort Lauderdale – Santiago starting November 3, 2016 (daily)*
- Fort Lauderdale – Cayo Coco starting November 17, 2016 (three weekly flights)*
- Fort Lauderdale – Varadero starting December 2, 2016 (four weekly flights)*
- Fort Lauderdale – Cayo Largo starting December 10, 2016 (one weekly flight)*
- Fort Lauderdale – Manzanillo starting December 16, 2016 (three weekly flights)*